- Job Description:
- · Employment Type: Contract
· Duration of contract: 9 months with possibility of extension
· Place: Ethiopian Public Health Institute, Addis Ababa
· Number needed: One
Roles and responsibilities
- Organize, analyze and provide generate periodic reports of HIV case based surveillance for program input
- Prepare reports on the progress and the outcome of the surveillance
- Write technical reports and manuscripts
- Produce monthly bulletin for respective partners and stakeholder
- Support and advise surveillance and research activities
- Planning, leading, monitoring and evaluating overall HIV case based surveillance activities.
- Assist and advice on the implementation of HIV case based surveillance activities across all implementing regions and their respective zones, wereda and facilities.
- Conduct data analysis and provide guidance on the appropriate use of generated evidence.
- Coordinate and organize regular joint supportive supervision visits to all implementing regions and their respective zones, wereda and facilities.
- Compile supervision reports and present informative reports to the technical working group.
- Undertake other research and surveillance activities as per the guidance of the directorate and institute.
· Assisting in the development and application ofbest practice research methodologies during grant application
· Initiating, building, and maintenance of relationships with key partners and maintain and develop strategic relationships and share learning with key stakeholders groups in national and international research organizations
· Providing Mentorship, coaching, and guidance to other staff with less experience on research protocol development, data collection, data analysis, technical report-write-up, manuscript preparation, and publication processes
- Job Requirements:
- . PhD holder preferably in epidemiology with background in one of health disciplines
. Ten years of total experience of which at least two and above is on HIV/AIDS programs
. At least three publications in scientific journals as main author of the article.
. Fluency in written and spoken English
. Publication track-record in reputable academic and/or journals
. Experience in grant writing and application
. Knowledge on national HIV/AIDS program, HIV research priority areas, current HIV diagnostic algorithm and technologies.
Required Skills and attributes
. Strong interpersonal skills in facilitation and stakeholder engagement/coordination
. Excellent communication skills, including public speaking and ability to address complex issues and concepts clearly, concisely and with influence.
. Excellent computer literacy and strong, demonstrable experience of the design and use of quantitative and qualitative research methods
. Familiarity with the applications of statistical data entry and analysis software (Excel, SPSS, STATA, Epi-Data, Epi-Info etc.)
. Excellent writing skill
- How To Apply:
- Note Interested applicants can register in Online through only ethiojobs.net send their CVs and relevant documents at the address given below within 5 working days from the first appearance of the announcement
Remarks: Please attach copies of transcripts, academic degree or recommendation letters together with the application.
For More Health related Vacancies Click Here
To Get alerts of latest Job Opportunities Go-to Our Telegram Bot