Midwife Nurses (5)
- Job Description:
Plan International is an independent non-profit organization that advances children’s well-being and equality for girls. Working in building powerful partnerships for children for over 75 years and present in 70 countries, Plan International strives for a just world, tackling the root causes of the challenges facing girls and all vulnerable children while working together with children, young people, our supporters and partners. Plan International Ethiopia is looking for five Midwife Nurses for Afar Emergency Response Project (Aysaita, Mille, Gereni, Dupti, and Afambo woedas) who will be reporting to the Health and Nutrition Supervisor.
Dimensions of the Role
The position holder shall be in charge of technical quality implementation and delivery of the mobile health and Nutrition services in the assigned Woreda.
S/He will mainly be responsible for the day to day implementation of the mobile health and nutrition services under the team by giving high emphasis to health education to IDPs on maternal and child health and also family planning services, safe motherhood and child health consultation such as Antenatal, delivery, postnatal and essential new born services, Iron supplementation, provision of TT vaccination, identification of high risk mothers and facilitation of referral and counselling on FP, exclusive breast feeding and HIV. In addition, the position holder is also expected to provide supervision, technical assistance and capacity building to health extension workers and Health workers in health facilities. She/he will be responsible for the daily implementation of mobile health and Nutrition services package as per the standard, supporting health facilities assigned as integrated mobile health & Nutrition modality and daily dispensary and drug supply management. He will also be responsible for day to day documentation of all provided services accordingly and compile weekly and monthly reports and share with Field office health response coordinator and Woreda health offices.
SPECIFIC DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Improving basic preventive health care at community level in line with public health emergency management with emphasis health especially preventing maternal and new born deaths.
- Conduct & undertake family health services as of PHC
- Provide ANC, PNC, delivery and essential new born care.
- Provide iron supplementation, TT vaccine, FP counselling and contraceptives
- Strengthening of early referrals mechanism all obstetrics complications and other maternal and child health illnesses.
- Ensure all referral cases are properly transported to the nearest or woreda capital health facility based on the availability of ambulance and seriousness of the illness.
- Manage sick children according to IMNCI and ICCM guideline.
- Strengthening of linkages and coordination mechanisms between community and the Woreda health bureaus.
- Train and support HWs and HEWs on how to provide quality maternal and child health services.
- Train and support community-based volunteer health workers for the implementation of the community component of the project.
- Conduct planning and promotion of awareness creation on Family planning including available contraceptives, nutrition and preventative health care issues in the community.
- Ensures that Plan International’s global policies for Child Protection (CPP) and Gender Equality and Inclusion (GEI) are fully embedded in accordance with the principles and requirements of the policy including relevant Implementation Standards and Guidelines as applicable to their area of responsibility. This includes, but is not limited to, ensuring staff and associates are aware of and understand their responsibilities under these policies and Plan International’s Code of Conduct (CoC), their relevance to their area of work, and that concerns are reported and managed in accordance with the appropriate procedures.
The post holder is expected to establish effective communication and close working relationships with project team (Project Coordinator, all officers, IYCF Nurse, TSFP Nurse, TSFP Measurer, OTP nurse, Clinical Nurse, Midwifery as well as Health and Nutrition Supervisor Drivers) and program beneficiaries, local government sector offices, Other NGO’s, UN agencies, bilateral, and other principle stakeholders. In relation to this, working contacts inside and outside the organization; include the purpose and level (high, medium, low) of the contact.
- Job Requirements:
- Technical expertise, skills and knowledge
- College Diploma and/or BSC in Health, Nursing and other relevant fields of study
- Minimum over 4 year’s relevant experience for Diploma and 2 years for BSC holders and with this at least 2 years relevant experience in an international NGO or similar organization Knowledge of policy and practice in the field of emergency nutrition intervention, IYCF and health.
- Experience in developing and monitoring budgets.
- Computer literate in word processing and excel packages.
- An understanding of child rights and their protection and fulfilment in the development context.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills; both in English & Amharic
- Experience on pastoral community in particular in emergency project is an advantageous.
- How To Apply:
- The closing date for the application is December 02, 2018. Qualified candidates should submit the application form found with this link http://docs.ethiojobs.net/Plan_Int_Application_Form.docx through www.Ethiojobs.net
This position is only open to Ethiopian Nationals, who must be eligible to live and work in Ethiopia.
Please note that:
– Applications and CVs written in English will be accepted and
– Shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Early application is encouraged as we will review applications throughout the advertising period and reserve the right to close the advert early.
More information about Plan International can be found on http:// plan-international.org
References will be taken and background and anti-terrorism checks will be carried out in conformity with Plans Child Protection Policy. Plan operates an equal opportunities policy and actively encourages diversity, welcoming applications from all persons meeting the skills and experience required.
As an international child centered community development organisation, Plan International is fully committed to promoting the realization of children’s rights including their right to protection from violence and abuse. That means we have particular responsibilities to children that we come into contact with.
Plan International believes that in a world where children face so many threats of harm, it is our duty to ensure that we, as an organisation, do everything we can to keep children safe. We must not contribute in any way to harming or placing children at risk. Female applicants are highly encouraged to apply