Senior SRH Officer
- Job Description:
- Overall technical support to UN Women SRMNCAH – POWER program
- Provide technical assistance in development, integration and mainstreaming of appropriate and cost-effective activities in public health, reproductive health and HIV prevention programmes and to other UN Women ongoing programmes
- Provide and coordinate trainings for social workers, other Organization partners Staff and selected community groups (mother support groups, male network groups, peer support group, adherent supporters, traditional birth attendants and community leaders, refugee incentive workers, students etc) employing community conversation and health and peer education activities in refugee camp.
- Support the implementation of SRMNCAH – POWER program in Gambella and ensure the objectives of the program is effectively addressed
- Conduct participatory approach for Health education and BCC techniques to mobilize communities for awareness raise on Sexual Reproductive Health service and HIV prevention and response to refugee community
- Facilitate community members in design, planning, executing, and monitoring of community based Sexual Reproductive Health service and HIV prevention activities and ensure active community participation
- Coordinate key information dissemination sessions through different SBCC tools/materials like drama play, audio record, mini media program, school student discussion forum, radio programs, tea talk session, community conversation etc. and messages to promote behavior change on SRH issues and monitor their timely dissemination to target audiences.
- Assist in identifying and designing awareness and behavior change communication tools supporting informed decision on SRH and HIV prevention tailored to targeted beneficiaries.
- Participate in data collections; community needs assessments, find out and adopt culturally appropriate solutions and community discussions to support the identification and implementation of strategies that promote active community participation in SRH – HIV prevention and response program interventions.
- Develop training plan for SRMNCAH project, organize and be a resource person in workshops and training related to SRMNCAH
- Work closely with other UN agencies, IPs and Gabella RHB to strengthen the capacity of the RHB on gender and health-related issues through enhancing the capacity of health care providers and health institutions for them to provide quality psycho-social support and management of GBV survivors, including provision of integrated and quality HIV services and MNCH services to mother and children
- Provide substantial contribution into the program’s communications and visibility plan and its implementation.
- Promote an HIV Do No Harm approach prioritizing education and prevention activities
- Update and disseminate standard practices and guidelines in public health, HIV/AIDS and reproductive health among all partners
- Support the development of a training plan, organize and act as a resource person in workshops and training
- Assist with dialogue and action at the community level in reducing and addressing barriers women face to optimal health related services and gender discriminatory practice and violence
- Build the capacity of IPs and provide technical backstopping.
Monitoring, evaluation, reporting
- Prepare reports on activities, outputs, and outcomes; and compile information, which will support in preparations of UN Women Gambella field Office reports
- Share with local and international partners in Gambella region relevant guidelines and information materials on Humanitarian sector, SRMNCAH
- Monitor trends and issues related to the program implementation and support the development of strategic responses to opportunities and challenges
- Closely monitor the health programme implementation including implementing partners, develop mission reports and action points to enhance programme execution
- Promote information sharing on all aspects of SRMNCAH and UN Women role in UN coordination on gender and partnership at field level
- Develop TORs for midterm and end term evaluations and other health related studies, closely follow up and input findings.
- Manage the process of identifying and synthesizing of best practices and lessons learned that are directly linked to the implementation of the program and contribute to their global dissemination
- Regularly collect and compile reports and submit to IMC, UN Women, ARRA and Other stakeholders
- Manage the monitoring of mutually agreed results frameworks and performance indicators
- Research and draft reports, minutes and other documents related to HIV/AIDS, SRHR, GBV and other health-related issues in relations to UN Women Ethiopia programme
- Work closely with UN Women programme staff to identify priority health issues and key data requirements for programme planning and monitoring.
Partnership, coordination and networking
- Coordinate the process of gathering information and preparing progress reports on program implementation; provide technical inputs to the narrative donor and UN Women internal reports on SRMNCAH
- Build strategic partnerships and maintain close liaison with local partners, ensuring meaningful participation of all relevant stakeholders
- Create and coordinate partnership with local authorities, service providers, developmental actors, women’s organizations, and other stakeholders in target region
- Ensure coordination with relevant UN working groups and information sharing at Gambella level
- Actively engage in technical working groups and task groups established, intending to provide technical support to the Ministry of Health.
- Share with local and international partners on the ground relevant guidelines and information materials on refugee HIV, reproductive health, general health and nutrition.
- Ensure regular update and share information within Un Women as well as with relevant government, UN and NGO counterparts and donor communities in Ethiopia on the health status and needs of women and girls.
- Any other duty as may be required.
Compliance & Ethics:
Promotes and encourages a culture of compliance and ethics throughout International Medical Corps. As applicable to positon, maintains a clear understanding of International Medical Corps’ and donor compliance and ethics standards and adheres to those standards. Conducts work with the highest level of integrity. Communicates these standards to partners and requires them to adhere to these values.
Prevention of Sexual Exploitation and Abuse:
Actively promote PSEA (Prevention of Sexual Exploitation and Abuse) standards within International Medical Corps and amongst beneficiaries served by International Medical Corps.
- Job Requirements:
Knowledge and Experience:
· Health officer, Nurse or health related field with BSC/MPH and at least five year SRH experience and among them 3 years’ experience in refugee set up.
· Training and facilitation knowledge and skill
· Training of SRH, HIV/AIDS and other SRH related topics and also community mobilization skill.
· Demonstrated experience in community based SRH project implementation
· Knowledge of English communication and writing.
- How To Apply:
How to Apply
Interested applicants who meet the above requirements should submit their application letter and CV through This link before OR on Dec 06,2020
Female candidates are highly encouraged to apply.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Note: IMC is equal opportunity employer and hence candidate from all background: religion, ethnic group, qualified women and people living with disabilities, etc are all encouraged to apply.