Project Manager – Stimulative Physical Therapy
- Job Description:
- DURATION: Until September 18, 2021
The Project Manager is working under the supervision of the Operations Manager, based in Gambella with frequent travel to the field especially in Nguenyyiel refugee camp. The project will be implemented in partnership with the Action Against Hunger (AAH).
The main objective of the post is to initiate, coordinate and follow-up all activities related to the Stimulative physical therapy (SPT) project.
The Project manager makes sure that the activities are implemented within the required time and within available budget, ensuring that HI technical framework is respected; manages his/her team; represent HI by delegation and ensures a smooth relationship with all the partners.
Roles and Responsibilities
· Plan the different stages and tasks involved in realizing this project and draw up a project action plan, with the project team, the operations manager, and in collaboration with the partner
· Determine the methodology to be used in the project. Direct the implementation of the project as described in the project documents and project monitoring procedures
· Take the lead in project planning, oversee implementation and budget expenditures to ensure effective use of resources against planned activities and expected outputs
· Ensure physiotherapists are providing quality stimulative and functional rehabilitation services respecting all COVID-19 preventive measures
· Coordinate the project team identification and response in Itang special woreda
· Establish stimulative physical therapy and functional rehabilitation service center in Itang woreda
· Ensure the needs and priorities of children and people with disability are mainstreamed by humanitarian organizations specially working in nutrition and health sectors that are operating in both host community and refugee camps.
· Participate in the development and production of communication materials (leaflets, posters, brochures) to raise awareness on benefits of stimulative therapy to overcome development delay and in inclusion of persons with disability.
· Work in close collaboration with AAH, health center in Itang and other key stakeholders to provide integrated service to children and persons with disabilities in Nguenyyiel refugee camp and Itang special woreda.
· Coordinate between all the project’s internal and external interfaces.
· Communicate on the project’s activities with all of the partners.
· Prepare the evaluation phases and implement any recommendations resulting from the evaluations carried out.
M & E and Reporting
· Ensure the high quality of activities implemented as indicated in the project proposal document
· In close collaboration with the MEAL Manager and MIS officer, develop a monitoring and evaluation plan for the project; put in place the data collection tools at field level in order to monitor the project implementation and monitor the project outcomes and results as per indicated performance indicators.
· Ensure adequate project monitoring systems and evaluation procedures are in place and update all progress indicators for the project.
· Direct the project’s quality approach in terms of realization and impact. Identify any technical or documentary resources or additional skills for guaranteeing the quality of the project.
· Collect and formalize the tools and methods developed within the project framework.
· Compile/write and submit weekly, monthly, quarterly reports, and contractual reports for HI, donor and authorities and submit it to the MIS Officer and Operational Manager as per the requirements
· Participate in the recruitment of the project team, and be in charge of the elaboration of the job description
· Manage day to day activities of staff under his/her supervision and give the required support to the team, including on the job coaching and quality advice
· Flourish team sprit among the staff members and conduct periodic general staff meeting to ensure the coordination of the activities implemented by the project team
· Give technical support to staff under her/his supervision and conduct periodic staff performance assessment including timely probation period/performance appraisal.
Administration, Finance and Logistics
· Manage the project’s financial resources of the project in accordance with the budget frame set and guidelines of the concerned donor.
· Prepare realistic budget forecast and ensure the timely utilization of project budget
· Prepare and submit monthly time sheet and cash forecast.
· Manage the project’s logistical and material resources.
· Prepare procurement/supply plan and follow procurements
· Ensure that the project respects HI’s financial and administrative policies and procedures.
Coordination and Representation
· Keep a good level of communication and coordination with partners operational in the camp.
· Represent HI in the refugee camp and attend sectoral, camp coordination and interagency meetings with all partners in the camp.
· Coordinate with other humanitarian actors working in health and nutrition sectors to enhance the referral pathways aimed at providing holistic response to malnutrition, mainstreaming the needs of person with disabilities.
· Ensure that there is functioning referrals and linkages
· Represent HI in various external meetings and missions as delegated by the operational manager and provide key updates.
- Job Requirements:
- Education & Qualification
– Bachelor’s Degree in Physiotherapy and/or health related courses.
– Strong experience and knowledge on Project management in humanitarian settings.
– Strong ability to provide qualitative and quantitative reports and analysis;
– Experience in budget management including budget forecast and follow-up;
– Good knowledge of data collection, analysis and reporting following humanitarian principles as well as minimum standards;
– Strong communication and stakeholder management skills
– Experience in leading and coordinating multi-disciplinary team
– Minimum of 2 years of programmatic and technical experience on managing projects in humanitarian settings;
· Computer literacy (Word, Excel and Power Point).
· Ability to work in remote areas.
· High degree of confidentiality.
· Good interpersonal and communication skills.
· Ability to work with teams and develop team spirit.
· Diligence and attention to detail.
· Never been convicted, free from khat, smoking, alcohol and substance abuse addictions.
- How To Apply:
- Interested applicants who meet the above criteria should fill in the attached application form Job application form updated.docx and submit it with a 1 page motivation letter through ethiojobs or email it at firstname.lastname@example.org on or before the above mentioned deadline.
Please clearly state the position you apply in the subject of your email. Only short listed candidates will be contacted for exam/interview no phone calls please.
We’re committed to safeguarding and promoting child protection and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. This position involves working with beneficiaries and is subject to strict safer recruitment checks. The successful candidate will be required to complete a police check and sign self-declaration form to help us verify your suitability to work with children including checks with past employers.
Humanity & Inclusion is an equal opportunity employer and particularly welcomes women and persons with disabilities to apply.