- Job Description:
- Main duties and responsibilities:
Ø Provide technical and logistical support to the woreda health sector for effective implementation of Positive Deviance hearth approach interventions activities and come up with innovative ideas for effective implementation.
Ø Analyzing and reporting nutrition situation and prevailing trends
Ø Facilitate TOT and volunteer trainings on Basic PD hearth approach
Ø Strengthen GMP screening and link beneficiaries with PD hearth activities
Ø Develop and adapt IMC IYCF/ECD materials to the local context based on previous materials and current child rearing practices and needs
Ø Serve as the primary point of contact between IMC and local partners
Ø Assist nutrition staff and lead mothers on counsel and strengthen the PD hearth project in the HPs and community level.
Ø Educate other staff about key aspects and components of PD hearth and ECD/IYCF (e.g. child development, improvement of mother-child interaction, and group support focused on IYCF)
Ø Send monthly reports and updates on the PD activities to head office
Ø Promote gender equity and equality through each level of nutrition activities
Ø Plan with HEWs and other health workers working in Health posts to conduct complimentary feeding demonstrations for effective, sustainable and efficient implementation of PD hearth and IYCF interventions
Ø Provide technical support to MoH health staff on management on PDH
Ø Actively participate in Baseline, SMART and IYCF surveys
Ø Facilitate the procurement of materials based on the budget
Ø Review pipeline and procurement plan regularly
Ø Perform supportive supervision of PD hearth activities and ensure they are implemented as planned
Ø Ensure the cards, GMP registration books and other necessary formats are filled and documented proper
Ø Ensure the nutrition items are provided to the health facilities and reach to the intended beneficiaries
Ø Establishing linkage with community leaders and representatives
Ø Organize review meeting at each woreda to review the progress of health intervention at the woreda level.
Ø Perform another Other duties as required
- Job Requirements:
- Degree Public health, Nutrition or nursing with 6 + years of experience-
- Experience on Nutrition related development projects
- Good understanding of PD hearth approach with preferable actual implementation experience
- Experience of facilitation of training and review meetings
- Fluent in written and spoken English language
- Knowledge of local language to the respective Woredas
- License for Motorbike driving is Mandatory
- Good computer skills (Word, Excel)
- How To Apply:
- Interested applicants who meet the above requirements should submit their application letter by clearly stating the position that you are applying for and CV through This Link On OR before November 19, 2020.
Female candidates are highly encouraged to apply.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Note: IMC is equal opportunity employer and hence candidate from all background: religion, ethnic group, qualified women and people living with disabilities, etc are all encouraged to apply.