November 8 2020, ICAP at Columbia University
Job Title : Zonal Project Officer
Location: Bahir Dar
The Zonal project officer for support of Zones/Town HOs will provide technical assistance to the selected
Zones/Woredas/ Towns/sub city HOs to enable them implement high-quality comprehensive HIV case
identification, Prevention, care and treatment services. S/he will follow up the planning and updating the execution of planned activities of the selected Zones/ Towns/sub city HOs through direct and virtual support. S/he will support with a focus on meeting the PEPFAR 95-95-95 goals throughout the COP 20 period.
- Under the supervision of ICAP regional Director, the Zonal project officer will have the following duties
- Support Zones/ woreda/ Towns HOs in capacity building, implementation support and monitoring of
optimized case identification, HIV prevention, ART optimization, adherence support and viral load
- Support Zones/Towns HOs to Provide spaced out (Periodic) supervision/mentoring and support to the
facility staff to improve case identification, new initiatives, linkage, ART initiation and VLM.
- Support Zones/Towns HOs to Ensure documentation at each of SDP providing P & FB ICT/KPFS/SNS/Targeted HIV testing using HRST.
- Support Zones/Towns HOs to ensure the implementation of KP-QSC and U=U service activities.
- Support Zones/ Towns HOs to Ensure optimal linkage of all identified positives including Early Infant
Diagnosis (EID) for early ART initiation and enhanced counselling to improve adherence & retention as
per the SOP.
- Support Zones/Towns HOs to Ensure availability of SOP/GL/PST/M & E tools, provide orientation, and
monitor its use.
- Support Zones/Towns HOs to Ensure HFs assignment of trained HCWs for provision of P & FB ICT,
KP/SNS ART service and viral load monitoring services.
- Support Zones/Towns HOs to Ensure the provision of HIV prevention service activities such as PrEP, GVB
- Support Zones/Towns HOs to Strengthen ASM for DSD, support HFs initiation and integration of mental
health screening service and management to ART care.
- Support Zones/Towns HOs to Support the site on TLD roll out and optimization of ART for children.
- Support Zones/Towns HOs to Support implementation of TPT as per the GL in the region.
- Support Zones/Towns HOs to Improve quality of care for adolescents on ART through adolescent friendly
- Support Zones/Towns HOs to follow and support facilities on the demand creation for cervical cancer
screening, provision and scale up of Cervical cancer screening and management services.
- Support Zones/Towns HOs to Strengthen timely VL monitoring and improved result management.
- Support Zones/Towns HOs to Ensure weekly monitoring of all high viral load results.
- Support Zones/Towns HOs to Support high load sites to establish viremia clinics and extended hours service
to improve RVLM the provision of Enhanced Adherence Counseling (EAC) services.
- Support Zones/Towns HOs to Follow and support facility level MDT for provision of P & FB ICT/KPFS/SNS/Targeted HIV testing using HRST /Early ART/Intensive VLM services at regular and extended
hours as per the SOP and GL.
- Support Zones/Towns HOs to Ensure the HF supports and monitors implementation of P & FB
ICT/KP/SNS/ Tracing of LTFU activities.
- Support Zones/Towns HOs to ensure HF level weekly PR on progress of case identification, linkage, early
ART initiation, retention, VLM and viral suppression and re-suppression.
- Support Zones/towns in the initiation and scaling-up of new initiatives including HPV-DNA PCR for
cervical cancer screening and Urine- LAM tests for TB diagnosis.
- Support Zones/Towns HOs to Submit weekly/monthly reports to higher level on time.
REQUIRED QUALIFICATION AND WORK EXPERIENCE
- HO/BSc Nurse; an additional degree in public health is an asset.
- 2-5 years’ work experience working on HIV/AIDS care and treatment.
- Experience as Clinical Mentor is highly preferred.
- Ability to establish and maintain teamwork.
- Basic computer knowledge (MS office Plus).
- Proficiency in written and spoken English.
Deadline : November 15 2020
How to Apply : Click Here
For More Health related Vacancies Click Here
To Get alerts of latest Job Opportunities Go-to Our Telegram Bot