District Project team leader for (ERNE) program
- Job Description:
- To ensure effective team leading role and quality implementation of Enhanced Responses to Nutrition Emergencies ERNE program which includes both Health and Nutrition and WASH including cross cutting issues like accountability, gender, inequality, HIV/AIDS, DRR and controlling the spread of COVID-19 of the woreda.
- To provide appropriate training, technical and supportive supervision support and guidance to staff on the proper implementation and management of the program.
- Ensure strong and cordial working relationships established /maintained with different projects within the organization, relevant beneficiaries, local community, Government bodies and NGOs at Woreda level.
- To ensure effective and efficient budget utilization of the ERNE project in accordance with Concern and donor rules & procedures;
Main Duties and Responsibilities :
- Provide proactive team leading/leadership to add value on ERNE project implementation.
- Provide close and appropriate technical and managerial support for project officers, supervisors, and for other concern and government field staff.
- Prepare detail and comprehensive activity and implementation with clear timeframes for the ERNE project as per Concern Worldwide standards.
- Conduct situational analysis, prepare comprehensive report, and submit to immediate supervisors and concerned staff for further action.
- Provide technical and supportive supervision to support Concern field staff and/ or project stakeholder to implement the activities with standard quality.
- Provide appropriate training and orientation to field team members or/and project stakeholder on the objective, strategies, target group, etc.
- Ensure that Concern’s ERNE projects deliver high quality programming.
- Work with the MEAL and Mainstreaming Cross cutting officer to ensure that M&E system provides appropriate and adequate information for learning and timely decision-making and that staffs maintain systematic data collection and analysis.
- Effectively use regular M&E feedback to adjust programming and ensure relevance.
- Conduct surveys and assessment related to ERNE project, routine weekly and monthly data collection
- Guide the ERNE woreda/district project team to develop and use innovative approaches to monitor the performance of the project activities within development and resilience components.
- Produce and share a monthly, quarterly report, plus an annual reports for Concern and government of the ERNE project which highlighting key progress, achievements and challenges.
- Conduct Participate in the writing of surveys reports, technical reports or other reporting related to the different components of ERNE program;
- Represent Concern Worldwide Ethiopia, participate in technical meetings at woreda level working groups on health and nutrition, and wash related.
- Ensuring strict adherence to Concern Ethiopia Financial Procedures and Fraud Policy and remaining within the boundaries of these policies at all times;
- Responsible to control and ensure proper utilization of the budget allocated to each sector of the ERNE project and ensure that activities are implemented according to quality required as per agreed plans;
- Check and ensure the financial utilization report from the management account is correctly in line with the narrative activity report and planned budget and provide feedback;
- Ensure that the ERNE project budget utilization reviewed regularly allocated at woreda level
- Play lead role for team strengthening coordination and collaboration within teams in the woreda, maintain and ensure constructive communications, contribute to a positive working environment.
- Provide regular technical and supervision support or coach field staffs to build their capacity to perform their assigned roles and responsibilities;
- Effectively manage staff under his/her supervision
- Prepare and review PDR for staff regularly as per Concern Worldwide HR manual.
- Perform any other task as assigned by the management
Transport and logistics
- Oversee the transport and Logistics unit functions is in line with professional principles and Concern Ethiopia’s rules and regulation
- Follows-up the independent validation of accurate materials and commodities receipt by end users (partners, satellite stores at construction sites) and ensures proper maintenance of records at various levels of the program.
- Makes regular field visit to ensure that materials issued are utilised according to laid down procedures; undertakes random checks at field stores to monitor quality of storage and stock counts,
Monitoring & Evaluation
- Ensure that data management is simple and consistent allowing easy access and recall for performance management, evaluation and analysis;
- Clear reporting responsibilities and timeframes established within the team allowing timely production of reports on expenditure and –in-kind support;
- Take lead in regular monitoring and evaluation activities of the project at woreda level.
- Conduct regular monitoring visits and organize discussions to ensure efficient and effective implementation of the project.
- Plan and Undertake regular technical and supportive supervision support field visit and ensure the implementation of the planned activities are in line with project document and standard quality.
- Prepare and share regular monitoring and other technical support filed visit report on the major finding of the ERNE project implementation
Coordination and Networking
- Work closely with the key with Woreda government sector offices as well as with the woreda committee for Food Security, Natural Resource Management and Agriculture, etc. committee.
- Liaise with intervening partners (International NGOs, Consortium Partners-)
- Promote and protect the reputation of Concern Worldwide in Ethiopia in external settings, ensuring that the organization’s experience and expertise well communicated and consistently presented.
- Participate in various networks and collaboration forum with woreda level government and other relevant organizations related with the program for learning and experience sharing.
- Establish and maintain smooth working relationships with Concern staff, woreda level government bodies and other stakeholders
- Design and implement appropriate methods/ways to mainstream all cross cutting issues like accountability, gender, inequality, HIV/AIDS, and DRR in line with Concern Worldwide guidelines.
Safety and Security
- Respect the Ethiopia Standard Operating Procedures and ensure the safety and security of staff working under her/his supervision in line with the Security Management plan (SMP) and Safety First guidelines.
Concern is committed to responding to emergencies efficiently and effectively in order to help affected people meet their basic needs, alleviate suffering and maintain their dignity. To this end, when emergencies strike and the Ethiopia Program is to respond, all staff are required to actively participate in the response, regardless of location and contribute to the efforts aimed at achieving the humanitarian objective of the organization.
- Demonstrate understanding of Concern Ethiopia’s Gender Equality Strategy
- Contribute to ensuring that Concern Ethiopia is a place where men and women are treated equally and with dignity and respect
- Demonstrate gender equality awareness and gender sensitivity and an ability to integrate a gender equality perspective into tasks and activities.
OtherPerform other duties appropriate to the position as assigned by the Programme Directors or senior management
- Job Requirements:
- Person Specification:
- BSc Degree in Public Health/Nursing with minimum of three years or Diploma in clinical nursing five years relevant experience
- Profound experience in CMAM, particularly SAM management
- Computer literate
- NGO experience in emergency projects is an advantage
- Good communication and report writing skills
- Good negotiation skill with government and other agencies
- Ability to communicate effectively in both oral and written English.
- Good interpersonal skills and team player with sensitivity to cultural diversity
- Ability to work under pressure
- Ability to understand and respect the cultural, religious and political environment and to work well with staff and local authorities in a diplomatic
- Experience in providing training and capacity building for staff
Knowledge of participatory approaches
- Ability to work with teams at distance and good team player
- Capacity Building skills
- Ability to plan own work, set priorities, complete work under pressure or when faced with competing demands and report
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Computer proficiency
What we offer:
- A competitive salary and benefit package
- Excellent medical benefits (100% cover including dependents)
- 20 days annual leave
- 26 weeks (paid) maternity leave, 18 weeks (unpaid) parental leave
- How To Apply:
- Interested applicants should send non-returnable C.V., application letter outlining how their experience and education fit this vacancy, please note that no need to submit your supporting documents at this stage:
Online OR in person at Concern Worldwide Kombolcha Coordination Office
Only short listed candidates will be contactedSafeguarding at Concern: Code of Conduct and its Associated Policies
Concern has an organisational Code of Conduct (CCoC) with three Associated Policies; the Programme Participant Protection Policy (P4), the Child Safeguarding Policy and the Anti-Trafficking in Persons Policy. These have been developed to ensure the maximum protection of programme participants from exploitation, and to clarify the responsibilities of Concern staff, consultants, visitors to the programme and partner organisation, and the standards of behaviour expected of them. In this context, staff have a responsibility to the organisation to strive for, and maintain, the highest standards in the day-to-day conduct in their workplace in accordance with Concern’s core values and mission. Any candidate offered a job with Concern Worldwide will be expected to sign the Concern Staff Code of Conduct and Associated Policies as an appendix to their contract of employment. By signing the Concern Code of Conduct, candidates acknowledge that they have understood the content of both the Concern Code of Conduct and the Associated Policies and agree to conduct themselves in accordance with the provisions of these policies. Additionally, Concern is committed to the safeguarding and protection of vulnerable adults and children in our work. We will do everything possible to ensure that only those who are suitable to work or volunteer with vulnerable adults and children are recruited by us for such roles. Subsequently, working or volunteering with Concern is subject to a range of vetting checks, including criminal background checking.
Women applicants are highly encouraged to apply.