- Job Description:
- The position holder shall be in charge of technical quality implementation and delivery of the mobile health and Nutrition services in the assigned Woreda.
She/he will mainly be responsible for the day to day implementation of outreach EPI, health education, and screening, OTP, as per the guideline of Oromia RHB and WHO mobile health and Nutrition teams. In addition, the position holder is also expected to provide supervision, technical assistance and capacity building to health extension workers and Health workers in health facilities. She/he will be responsible for the daily implementation of mobile health and Nutrition services package as per the standard, supporting health facilities assigned as integrated mobile health & Nutrition modality and daily dispensary and drug supply management. He will also be responsible for day to day documentation, people provided for health education, vaccinated children, screened children and mothers, children admitted to OTP, and all provided services accordingly and compile weekly and monthly reports and share with Field office health response coordinator and Woreda health offices.
SPECIFIC DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
· Improving basic preventive health care at community level with emphasis health, immunization, health and nutrition services
· Strengthening of linkages and coordination mechanisms between community and the Woreda health bureaus
· Strengthening of early referrals mechanism.
· Plan and implement project outlined in the protocol for OTP and SC to achieve objectives of the project.
· The health and nutrition nurse will help facilitate admission of the patient at the OTP, and SC.
· Train and support the HEWs on prevention and response of major diseases under surveillance and in severe acute malnutrition case management and follow-up (e.g., referral to SC) according to national guidelines.
· Train and support community-based volunteer health workers for the implementation of the community component of the project.
· Ensure at all times adequately equipped and supplied with the necessary drugs for provision of treatment under curative services, nutritional and clinical requirements at the catchment health facilities – Plumpy’nut, Vitamin A, routine drugs, nutritional equipment’s, nutritional/medical stationeries, etc.
· Conduct planning and promotion of awareness creation on nutrition and preventative health care issues in the community.
- Job Requirements:
- · College Diploma/Degree in Nursing and public Health with valid registration/practicing license.
· At least Four years for Diploma & Two years for degree holder post experience in the field out of which one year NGO experience in the field.
· Experienced in nutrition and health program implementation –data collection and compilation, working with counterpart for lasting intervention, training of health workers, etc.
- Good written and spoken ability of the local language
- Extremely flexible, able to work independently, and have the ability to cope with stressful situations and frustrations.
- Interest in and ability to work in team.
- Good organizational and interpersonal skills.
- How To Apply:
- Interested applicants who meet the above requirements should submit their application letter and CV through ethiojobs on OR before November 07, 2020.
Female candidates are highly encouraged to apply.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Note: IMC is equal opportunity employer and hence candidate from all background: religion, ethnic group, qualified women and people living with disabilities, etc are all encouraged to apply.